Practice Areas Overview
From our offices in Albuquerque, the law firm of Vance, Chavez & Associates, LLC assists clients throughout New Mexico with property management issues, employment disputes, and business formations and litigation. We also represent accident victims in personal injury cases. If you or your business is in need of comprehensive legal service, contact the firm today.
At Vance, Chavez & Associates, LLC, we devote a substantial portion of our practice to assisting property managers with the numerous legal responsibilities that accompany the operation of commercial and residential real estate. Perhaps one of the most important aspects of property management is properly interacting with tenants, which can give rise to a range of disputes. Our attorneys have successfully resolved numerous landlord-tenant disputes efficiently and effectively, including eviction, non-payment, harassment, and public nuisance matters.
Our experience as property management attorneys has included, but is not limited to:
- Residential and commercial real estate transactions and litigation, including the purchase and sale of real estate and the successful resolution of property management issues through litigation
- Fair Housing/Discrimination issues, which may arise if a tenant claims that he or she was denied the ability to rent property based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, or familial status
- Personal injury defenses on behalf of landlords in "slip and fall" cases, which may arise if a tenant claims that he or she was injured because a landlord failed to properly maintain a commercial or residential premises or failed to warn tenants of potential dangers
- Homeowners' association representation, which usually involves collectively representing 30 to 40 clients who comprise various homeowners' associations
- Landlord-tenant disputes, in which we represent landlords who are confronted with such issues as tenant complaints, eviction situations, a tenant's failure to preserve the premises, and in commercial leases, a tenant's failure to operate
- Business formation and employment issues that arise in the context of property management, including choosing the best type of business entity under which to organize a property management company, such as an LLC or corporation
- Land use issues, which may involve the management and modification of natural and/or undeveloped land, zoning issues, and boundary disputes
With over two decades of experience representing both employers and employees in labor disputes, we provide effective representation in a range of employment cases, including discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Both state and federal law prohibit employment practices that discriminate against employees or job applicants based on such classifications as race, color, religion, and gender, among others. Our attorneys stay abreast of all developments in employment laws or regulations, and handle both state and federal litigation, including trials, appeals, arbitrations, and settlements. While our attorneys have taken on the full range of employment law issues, we are especially adept at representing clients in management roles.
Our attorneys advise clients on the appropriate entity to achieve their desired business objectives, now and into the future. Depending on whether our client's goal is maximizing tax benefits, obtaining capital investment, or ensuring maximum protection from personal liability, we may recommend forming any number of entities. We assist clients in forming limited liability companies (LLC), S-corporations, traditional corporations, and partnerships, among others.
At Vance, Chavez & Associates, LLC, we represent businesses in commercial litigation stemming from various issues, such as breach of contract, violation of non-compete agreements, antitrust issues, computer and technology matters, and business collections, among other general business litigation matters. Our attorneys have the trial experience and business law knowledge to achieve swift, favorable resolutions in even the most complex business disputes, allowing normal operations to proceed with as minimal interruption as possible.
Our attorneys effectively represent clients who have suffered personal injuries due to another's negligence or wrongful act, including cases involving car and truck accidents, slip and fall accidents, and defective products. In both settlement negotiations and trial, we have the knowledge and experience to help you receive the full compensation to which you are entitled.